Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Meet Sharon from Flaunt The Name

As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented. We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity. All throughout March, we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!


Meet Sharon from Flaunt The Name



Personalized Baby Girl Birth Annoucement Blanket with Birth Stats
Personalized Baby Girl Birth Announcement
Blanket with Birth Stats $25


What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?
A friend told me about Etsy and was encouraging me to put some items up so she could show some of her friends my designs and so I did it on a whim. 

How long have you been practicing your art/craft?
I have been embroidering for 4 years.
 
 





Baby Boy Monogrammed Burp Cloth Set
Baby Boy Monogrammed Burp Cloth Set $18

What training have you had or are you self-taught?
I am self-taught in both sewing and embroidery. I have learned everything that I know within the last 4 years. 

What is your favorite material to craft with?
My favorite material to craft with would have to be the baby burp cloths. I love making new sets to put in my shop and I love the challenge of creating a set to match a nursery or baby theme of a couple.


Girl Easter Tee Shirt with Easter Basket and Colorful Easter Eggs
Girl Easter Tee Shirt with Easter Basket
and Colorful Easter Eggs $20


What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business?
The hardest part, for me, about creating a hobby into a business is the time management aspect. I have 2 little ones and sometimes I get so busy that I have a hard time keeping a balance between motherhood and my shop and most of the time, I end up being working until the early morning hours on orders.

Any advice for other Etsy sellers?

My advice to other Etsy sellers is to allow custom orders if at all possible. Many of my most popular designs have been color or fabric combinations that a customer put together and combinations that I never would have thought to try together.


What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
In my off time I spend most of my time with my 2 amazing kids and my wonderful husband.
Baby Girl Bib and Burp Cloth Set Hot Pink and Green
Baby Girl Bib and Burp Cloth Set Hot Pink and Green $15

Describe a typical day in your life.
A typical day for me consists of taking my son to school. When I get home from dropping him off, I spend about 1 – ½ hours designing new orders and mailing out orders that I completed the night before or embroidering. I might be able to squeeze a little embroidering in when my son gets home from school between 3-5 if my son and daughter play nicely together (which they usually do). After dinner , bath and bed, I am in my sewing room for the remainder of the night creating and embroidering orders.

Where can we find your products online? My products can be found online in my Etsy shop, (which is about 90% of my business). I also have a Facebook page.

No comments: