Monday, March 24, 2014

Meet Annelie from Pellerina Design

As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented. We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity. All throughout March, we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!

Meet Annelie from Pellerina Design


SALE!!  pellerina tribal swaddle blanket.. ready to ship .. diamonds and linen texture
Pellerina tribal swaddle blanket -
RTS - diamonds and linen texture $34
What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?  Through Spoonflower, I was able to create my own fabric. Etsy gave me the perfect opportunity to combine my love for designing & sewing into a business to support my hobby!

How long have you been practicing your art/craft?  I have drawn and used computer graphic programs as long as I can remember. Pellerina Design is a new venture, created in 2013.


Custom Bedding.. mint and gold duvet cover and pillowcase.. fits IKEA crib size comforter and standard pillow. made to order
Custom Bedding.  Mint and gold duvet cover and pillowcase
fits IKEA crib size comforter
and standard pillow. made to order $129
What training have you had or are you self-taught?  I have a college degree in Architectural Drafting, but am self taught from childhood when it comes to computer graphic programs. Me and my younger sister created school newspapers in 4th grade, and became familiar with the mouse pens.









What is your favorite material to craft with?  I love drawing with sharpies, or sewing with knit fabrics! Inkscape is my favorite program for creating all my designs. Once I learned vector graphics, a new world opened up for me!

What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business?  The juggling of a big family and a hobby-turned-business is always a bit of a challenge.
baby top knot hat greige/gray feathers and arrows.. organic cotton made to order
Baby top knot hat greige/gray
feathers and arrows.. organic cotton made to order $14

Any advice for other Etsy sellers? If you're having a really rough time growing you business, one way to grow and be seen is to feature something from your shop on a flash sale site. This creates traffic as well as gives your name huge exposure!

What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
  I am a stay at home mom of five (soon 6!) little kids, and we mostly live for the summertime! Playing in the pool or making popsicles every hour... The rest of the year, school and rain keeps us more inside, where we draw and play lot. Legos are the best invention ever!


 
Describe a typical day in your life. I wake up a little after 8 am to get the two oldest ready for school. As soon as we've waved them bye, it's breakfast for the younger ones and after that I make myself coffee and a sandwich. I get some time in front of the computer for emails, reading a couple blogs, or browsing latest on Spoonflower before it's laundry, dishes or children needing attention. After lunch, when there's nap time for the baby, I usually get some sewing or drawing done. Every thing I do gets interrupted every few minutes, but I can come back to it whenever. I sew my orders for Etsy or design new patterns mostly in the evenings when my husband is home, before the chaotic bedtime. And then around 9pm, things have calmed down again for me to sit in front of computer again, or with my drawing pad. Or else I go hang out with my friends -- or some few lazy evening, just enjoy coffee and talk with my husband. Then around midnight I find myself in bed. And if it's a good night, there's no nightmares to chase away, only sweet dreams till the next morning! :)
https://www.etsy.com/listing/164596721
pellerina organic swaddle blanket.. choose a
deer design.. 4 options .. made to order $39

Where can we find your products online?  Pellerina Design  carries swaddle blankets and baby clothes made of organic knit fabric. If you want to buy fabric with my designs, you can find me at Spoonflower

No comments: