Sunday, March 9, 2014

An Interview with Evie from Babbles Bubbles and Bows

As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented. We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity. All throughout March, we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!

Meet 
Evie from Babbles Bubbles and Bows

Love Bunny Baby Softie/Plush
Love Bunny Baby Softie/Plush $25
What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs? 
I had a friend tell me that I really should sell my creations. I was very nervous at first because of what she thought I should charge for things but then I got a couple of sales and thought…hey maybe I can do this and have fun too. 
How long have you been practicing your art/craft? 
I have crafting in one way or another for many years but as for sewing, which is now most of my business, I have only been doing that about 2 years. My grandma tried so hard to teach me when I was young and I didn't want to. Now, I wish I had all her knowledge for sure!

What training have you had or are you self-taught?
I am completely self taught and love getting customers who ask me to do something I have never done before. Like just this weekend, I had a customer ask for a pacifier pouch and I was like "Nope, I've never done it but I am happy to try"…she was happy and I am thrilled with how it turned out.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/108453251/multi-colored-argyle-red-minky-security?ref=shop_home_active_12
Multi-Colored Argyle & Red Minky Security Blanket $17

What is your favorite material to craft with?

I love minky, all styles of minky, but I am a true sucker for a beautiful cotton fabric.

What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business?

There are really four I think for me 1. Coming up with new creative things that people will like, 2. Pricing, 3. Late nights (because I have a full time job too), and 4. Trying to balance family time with business time. 

Valentines Airplane Boys Applique Shirt or Bodysuit
Airplane Boys Applique Shirt or Bodysuit $25
Any advice for other Etsy sellers? Join a team or two or 10 and stay active. It is a great place to bounce ideas around, find new friends who are all over the world and going through a lot of the same things you are, and promote others.

What do you enjoy doing in your off time?

Spend time with my husband and four year old daughter.


Describe a typical day in your life.
Usually I am up everyday around 5:15 and take my daughter to school by 7:00 then off to my full-time job where I am there until about 4:00. I work a long way from home so I then trek the almost 2 hours home and do the mom thing until bedtime around 8:30. Once my daughter is asleep, it is time to start on business stuff. I usually work on my business until around 11:30, sometimes later, and then off to bed.

Travel Diaper Changing Pad $25

Where can we find your products online? 
Etsy
Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter

No comments: