Monday, May 14, 2012

An Interview with Suzan from The Block Shop

As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented.  We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity.  All throughout May we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!

 Meet Suzan from The Block Shop

Custom Wooden Block Set  with Base - Sophie

 

What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs? What inspired me was my son Anderson. I wanted to have a name block set for my son to match his theme monkey room and my new passion and shop was created from there.

 

 

 

Custom Wooden Letter Block Set - Tyson - Ocean Animals

What is your favorite material to craft with?
My favorite material is finding that perfect scrapbook paper to complete a set.


What training have you had or are you self-taught?
Everything I know has been self taught.

 

 

Custom Wooden Letter Block Set - Madison - Spring Critters

  What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business? 
The hardest part of having my shop is working part time and being a mom full time. It's finding the time to organize my blocks and complete my orders as quick as i can to provide great service to my customers





Custom Wooden Letter Block Set - Ivy - Pretty In the Park

How long have you been practicing your art/craft? 
My shop had been open since March 2011 but have been into arts and scrap booking for years







Any advice for other Etsy sellers? 
My advice to etsy sellers is never to give up. If your new store is starting off slow no worries keep patient. Also open a Facebook page for your etsy shop, that's a great way to promote your work:)

What do you enjoy doing in your off time?  I enjoy spending time with my son, photography, and enjoying the outdoors.


Describe a typical day in your life...
My typical day is being a mom from morning til eve then working on my blocks when my son is in bed.

   Where can we find your products online?
My products can be found through my etsy shop and also through my Facebook page

 Thank you Suzan, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to grant us an interview!

No comments: