Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An Interview with Debi from CubbyholeToys

As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented.  We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity.  All through May, we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!


Meet Debi from CubbyholeToys




9-12 letters White Finish Double Name Stool
What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?
We have made the personalized stools and puzzles for over 30 years.  My husband had a skiing accident back then and was laid up and just started making toys for our son who was 1 at the time.  The hobby grew into us doing a few local craft shows to traveling a 5 state area to being a full time business.  and I really like Etsy so I thought it would be great to have a shop here in addition  with our own web site




How long have you been practicing your art/craft?
Over 30 years
1-6 Letters Personaized Coat Rack


What training have you had or are you self-taught?
My husband was handy with wood working and I always did some kind of crafts. 

What is your favorite material to craft with?  Wood





Interlocking 1-5 Letter Name Puzzle
What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business? 
Having to learn all the computer workings to go along with have a Internet business. 

 








Any advice for other Etsy sellers?
The only thing I can say is that it is a great place to shop and a fairly easy shop to operate, I am still learning new things all the time. I am sure there is much more I can do to promote our shop too, so just keep working at it.

Personalized Flip Stool
What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
Spending time with my kids and grand kids We are very blessed with 3 great kids and 8 beautiful grandchildren  9, 6, 5, 2, twins (12 months) and twins (3 months).  Our stools and puzzles are very kid tested!  I also like to read, knit, and have been doing some rug hooking
 


Describe a typical day in your life...
I spend most of my day at the computer, processing and handling orders.  I always try to answer every email and phone call.  


Where can we find your products online? 
We have a web site Cubbyholetoys where we have many cute and different children's items along with all our of items.




Thank you Debi, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to grant us an interview!

No comments: