Tuesday, May 22, 2012

An Interview With Shannon from Coffey Creations for Kids

As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented.  We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity.  All throughout May we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!

  Meet Shannon from Coffey Creations for Kids


Canopy/Mobile for childs bed/baby bed CUSTOM

What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?
The thought of being able to continue to create unique children's and baby items-loving being able to do what I do!

   What is your favorite material to craft with?
My favorite is to be able to mix them all together! painting on wood worked items, fabric on wood worked items, embroidery, silk ribbon embroidery... 

Hand crafted/Hand painted Wooden Noah's Ark and Animals-CUSTOM

 How long have you been practicing your art/craft?  Ever since I can remember! I remember painting in elementary school, selling hand painted baby onesies and t-shirts while I was in college, making hand painted costumes for my little cousins, always homemade presents involving lots of different elements.
 

  

 

 

 

 

 

Name Alphabet Blocks Custom Hand Painted Personalized for your sweetie

What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business? 
Finding the time to document/record everything that I do.
Any advice for other Etsy sellers?
 Do what you love and love what you do!

 What do you enjoy doing in your off time? 
Spending time with my children and working on my projects with them!

 

 

Mobile for childs bed/baby bed CUSTOMWhat training have you had or are you self-taught?   I am actually a registered pharmacist and a self taught artist of many different media. Self taught artist, art on fabric-embroidery, art on hand crafted wood worked items, art on canvases/watercolor paper, art on walls, paper art, mixed media art...I feel certain that I've left something out! OHHHHH, photography!

 

 

   Describe a typical day in your life...
Running my boys around-to school and back, children's activities, working on several projects at once and doing my best to avoid cleaning the house....or so my husband thinks-ha!

 Where can we find your products online? At my etsy shop or check out my blog

 Thank you Shannon, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to grant us an interview!

No comments: