Thursday, May 3, 2012

An Interview with Connie from Connie's Crochet


As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented.  We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity.  All through May, we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!


Meet Connie from Connie's Crochet


What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?
I was inspired to open a shop and sell my own creations by my children when they were small. They are grown now, and when they were small I made them scarfs, hats, bible covers, and teddy bears. They always loved them and told me numerous times that I needed to open my own shop. This was before the Internet was so accessible. I figured there was not way to keep a shop full of crochet creations so I put let go of this desire.  Three years ago I was selling somethings on eBay to earn some money and I saw others selling crochet creations. I was working full time but desired to work from home. This sparked a conversation with God about this desire.  I did a lot of research and here 3 years later here we are. 

How long have you been practicing your art/craft?
I have been crocheting and selling items for about 2.5 years. I have been crocheting on and off for 43 years.
What training have you had or are you self-taught?
No training but was introduced to this art at the age of 8.

What is your favorite material to craft with?
Yarn, yarn and more yarn. I love yarn specially super chunky yarn.

What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business? 
The hardest thing has been not having enough time to keep my house up like I use to.

Any advice for other Etsy sellers?
Whatever you make, always strive for perfection and go above and beyond the customers expectations. Always be honest and communicate promptly. Write everything down and consider all forms of advice.

 

 
What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
I enjoy cleaning house, hanging with the church family, shopping and playing with my granddaughter.
 
Where can we find your products online? 
Thank you Connie, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to grant us an interview!

No comments: