Tuesday, May 15, 2012

An Interview with Stacy from The Little Chick

As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented.  We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity.  All throughout May we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!

Meet Stacy from The Little Chick

Custom Crib Sheet  - Design Your Own

What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?
My daughter and the need to stay home with her. 

How long have you been practicing your art/craft?
Approx. 15 years

What training have you had or are you self-taught?
I am self-taught and also taught by my mother who is an amazing seamstress.

 

 

Custom Tailored Crib Skirt - Design Your Own

 

What is your favorite material to craft with?
Anything soft, cuddly and shabby chic inspired.  

What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business?
Bookkeeping.....I hate it!!!!!

 

 

 

Baby / Toddler Washcloths - Jackson Collection

Any advice for other Etsy sellers?
Remember that it is something that you love, but if you want it to be a business and not a hobby, you have to make money. Don't price your items below what they are worth and remember to count your time as well as materials.







What do you enjoy doing in your off time?

Spending time with my family, running and antique shopping. 

  

Abstract Butterfly Burp ClothDescribe a typical day in your life... I try to wake up before my two year old, get my cup of coffee and answer emails, do a little bookkeeping (seems to not be so bad in the morning), clean a little and then get her up. We have breakfast together and play on the days she does not go to mothers day out. On the days I drop her off to MDO, I come home and start sewing and getting out as many orders as I can. I also have my items in a shop in town so I head over there to replenish and make sure things look decent. I try to get in a run here and there, make dinner, clean some more, bath time, bedtime and then a little more work on the nights my husband works late.....or some down time and TV with him......Whew, I'm tired just writing about it all. But, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Choo Choo Train Pacifier Clip
Where can we find your products online?

You can find my products at my Etsy site: thelittlechick or at thelittlechick. If you happen to live in the Little Rock area, you can find me at the Shoppes on Woodlawn.  
 

 

Thank you Stacy, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to grant us an interview!

No comments: