Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Meet Patty from Sugar Plum Knitz

As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented. We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity. All throughout March, we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!

Meet Patty from Sugar Plum Knitz


https://www.etsy.com/listing/176829522/

Hand Knit Children's Hat $20

What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?
Love to knit and felt this was the perfect outlet for me to sell my creations.

How lon
g have you been practicing your art/craft?
Since about 10 years old.

What training have you had or are you self-taught? 

My mother taught me the basics, the rest I kind of winged through the years with help from yarn shop personnel and books books books.

 






https://www.etsy.com/listing/174874146/
Hand knit baby child sunhat
with hand knitted flowers $22
What is your favorite material to craft with?
Yarn

 What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business?
Coping with failure.

Any advice for other Etsy sellers?
I'm still gathering advice myself! I have had only minimal success in sales.

What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
Knitting!



   
Hand knit white fluffy trim hood style hat with knitted rose
Hand knit white fluffy trim hood
style hat with knitted rose $20




Describe a typical day in your life.
Knit, work, knit, read, work, knit. Knit.

Where can we find your products online? Sugar Plum Knitz

No comments: