Saturday, March 1, 2014

Interview with the owner of GatorGrip





As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented.  We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity.  All through March, we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!

 Meet Christine from GatorGrip

Bath Tub  Non Slip Mat for kids,  adults and pets - pink/white - Bathtub Mat 42x16 - Non-Toxic, No BPA
Bath Tub  Non Slip Mat for kids,  adults and pets -
pink/white - Bathtub Mat 42x16 - Non-Toxic, No BPA $49.99

  What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?
I was inspired to make these bathmats for the safety of my kids. I was always worried about them slipping and getting hurt in the bathtub or worse....drowning.


 How long have you been practicing your art/craft? 
15 years


 What training have you had or are you self-taught?
I am self taught....I just kinda came up with this idea on my own.


What is your favorite material to craft with?

I love the adhesive that is on the back of our bathmats....every time I place it on the mat it makes me smile knowing that I created it and it helps people feel safer.
 

 What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business?
The hardest part in creating this mat was talking my husband out of just using the mats for his jet ski racers and boats and to let me use it for one of my ideas too! Now he loves it!

Bath Tub  Non- Slip Mat for kids, adults and pets too - green/white - Shower Mat w/ Center Drain hole - Size 21x24
Bath Tub  Non- Slip Mat for kids, adults and pets
too - green/white - Shower Mat w/
Center Drain hole - Size 21x24 $49.99

Any advice for other Etsy sellers?
Just to always communicate with your customers.  I have found that the clients that I have on Etsy are just so much nicer and easy to deal with. They really get you and seem to be very happy to share in your business.


What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

On an occasion I enjoy scrap booking with my friends and spending special time with my kids.






Describe a typical day in your life.
My typical day is a very busy day.  I have 4 kids that I get to school everyday, all of which either play a sport such as soccer, volleyball, baseball and gymnastics. I volunteer in each of their classes every other day.  I am on the school PTA board and I am also a girl scout leader, very involved in boy scouts.   I also am the player agent for our local little league.....busy, busy!!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/120303215/
Non Slip Bath Tub fun shapes for
kids, adults and pets too $12.99


Where can we find your products online?

You can find my products on Etsy of course, Amazon and our website at www.noslipgatorgrip.com

No comments: