Friday, May 11, 2012

An Interview with Ida Mae from GPlay


As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented.  We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity.  All through May, we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!


Meet Ida Mae from GPlay


organic onesie, Simply Lovable, handprinted
What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?
My children



How long have you been practicing your art/craft?
We are brand spankin' new and have just been up and running for about a year.

What training have you had or are you self-taught?
Self taught :)
organic onesie, birds, handprinted OVERSTOCK
What is your favorite material to craft with?  
Organic cotton, but anything natural and pure intrigues me!


What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business? 
Trying not to take everything personal - because it is!

  
Any advice for other Etsy sellers?
Have fun with it, it shows in your work.





What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
Playing with my boys, camping, music and food!
organic onesie, Simply Lovable, handprinted

Describe a typical day in your life...
Oh boy I have a one and three year old so my day revolves around them.  They wake early and are ready to eat of course - two boys!  Then I pretty much bounce between keeping them occupied and making sure the house doesn't catch fire.  If I can squeeze in anything work related it's a miracle.  Luckily, I've employed my eldest as the artist for my designs!  I'm really excited about our next print which will be a compilation of of his water designs - my little Pisces!

Where can we find your products online? 

Thank you Ida, for taking the time out of your busy schedule to grant us an interview!

No comments: