Monday, June 24, 2013

An Interview With Cheryl Viar from Coolbabyboutique

As many of you know, EtsyBABY team members are extremely talented. We wanted to take a peek at the person behind the creativity. All throughout June, we will be interviewing shop owners, to get a glimpse of the designer behind those adorable baby products!

Meet
Cheryl Viar from Coolbabyboutique


Butterfly curtain tie backs for childrens room, nursery decor by CoolbabyBoutique
Red Fairy wings and tutu outfit, birthday party costume, fantasy outfit by CoolbabyboutiqueWhat inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs? I love being creative and I created things for my photography business. Clients were asking where I got my outfits. When I told them I made them, they wanted to purchase them.

How long have you been practicing your art/craft? 5 years

What training have you had or are you self-taught? Self taught



What is your favorite material to craft with?  Chiffon

What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business? Getting business and traffic to the site is the hardest thing. I sell local also.

Barefoot Baby Sandals with matching headband or Hair Clip by CoolBabyBoutique
Any advice for other Etsy sellers? Make quality products, keep them fresh and always keep your clients happy.



What do you enjoy doing in your off time? I enjoy playing with my new grand babies.
     

Birthday outfit with BONUS footless sandals,  Infant Outfit, girls tutu outfit by Cool Baby Boutique
Describe a typical day in your life. Most of my inspiration comes to me while laying in bed trying to sleep at night. I put ideas on my phone. In the morning I start early then take a break at lunch for a couple hours to get house work done & ship out packages then start creating again til dinner. After dinner I take photos and post them on the site. I love what I do. It's relaxing & it makes me happy.

Where can we find your products online?
My products are listed on Etsy and www.coolbabyboutique.com which takes you to my Etsy shop.