Monday, March 16, 2015

Meet Monika from Custom Toddlers World



Meet Monika from Custom Toddlers World

 

Easter bunny girls necklace childrens necklace Easter girls necklace polymer clay bunny jewelry Easter toddler necklace Easter theme jewlery
What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs?
 I created first shape sorting cube for my son when he was born. My friends and family really liked it and asked me to do a different designs for their own children. I think every parent want to buy a special one of a kind toy for their child.
 
 How long have you been practicing your art/craft?
 I have been into crafts since I was about 4 years old...that makes about 21 years.

 What training have you had or are you self-taught?
 I learned everything by myself, step by step.
 
Baby nursery decoration nursery decoration unisex train decoration music box baby nursery music box  vintage music box wooden box
 What is your favorite material to craft with?
 I can craft with any type of material but my personal favorite is stones, precious stone beads.
 
 
What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business?
 Hardest was definitely to manage the time between family, day job and starting a crafting business. It wasn't always easy to finish up all of my orders and ship them out in time.
 
Personalized shape sorting cube customized toddler toy educational wood toy Montessori toys learning toys wood toy elephant toy frog toy
 Any advice for other Etsy sellers?
 My advice would be to : "Be original and create something one of a kind what no one ever did before"

 What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
 Lately I really enjoy to read a good book and walking or running in parks close by.
 

 
Girls jewelry box customized princess castle customized jewellery box personalized jewelry box girls jewelry box girls customized accessory


 

Describe a typical day in your life…
 My typical day starts with reading my emails and checking for new orders. After breakfast I drop off my son to a daycare and start sanding/painting my goods. At the break in between my paint coats are drying I'm finishing my jewelry orders. After all of my goods are done, clear coats dried, I drop the packages to the post office. The hours of my shops operation really vary, when we have holidays coming I'm mostly done by 12 a.m., otherwise 5 p.m., Sometimes I'm pre painting my boxes to speed up the process. 
 
 Where can we find your products online?
 Custom Toddlers World

No comments: