Monday, March 9, 2015

Meet Maryanne Dixon from Quiltsforu2

Meet Maryanne Dixon from Quiltsforu2


Trucks Twin Full Queen Pieced Appliqued Customization Name Custom Color Custom Vehicle Boy Bedding Boy Bedding Unique
What inspired you to begin a shop featuring your own designs? 
Family, friends had encouraged me to open a shop. I had been quilting for 35+ years, had repeatedly been asked to offer classes on quilting and had made dozens of quilts -- my house is filled with quilts (LOL)...you  need to move quilts in order to even sit down.
 
How long have you been practicing your art/craft?
 Been quilting for 35 years 
 
 What training have you had or are you self-taught?
Taught by my grandmother who hand quilted and won numerous blue ribbons for her quilts at the age of 11
 
Giraffe Crib Giraffe Nursery Gender Neutral Custom Crib Toddler Playmat Animal Crib Animal Baby Shower Giraffe Baby Shower Gender RevealWhat is your favorite material to craft with?
 Cotton fabric and I love to applique
 
 What has been the hardest aspect of creating a hobby into a business?
The hardest thing has been to balance growing my business and work/life balance. I also work part time as a nurse -- so finding the balance but also growing the business so that I can eventually retire
 
Any advice for other Etsy sellers?
 I have been overwhelmed with the number of custom requests. I find that many people are most interested in something totally customizable. I would recommend if able to -- to encourage this aspect
 
 What do you enjoy doing in your off time?
Off time I enjoy cycling (bicycling) and traveling to foreign countries (on my bicycle)
 Seashore  Nursery Beach Theme Baby Nursery Seahorse Jellyfish Starfish Octopus Nautical Toddler Bedding Gender Neutral Crib Bedding Playmat
Describe a typical day in your life...
A typical day varies depending on whether I am working as a nurse (M-W) or as a quilter. Assuming a quilter -- I wake up and start immediately to cut, piece or sew. I typically stop sewing/quilting around 4PM to allow me time to either go shopping (I do it typically in the late afternoon/evening) and I typically do my hand sewing and shipping in the evening -- while watching TV
 
Where can we find your products online?
My products are all available via my website (on Etsy) at QUiltsforu2

No comments: