Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baby Smith by Draft Smith

This week we are talking to Shawna from Baby Smith by Draft Smith.  The items designed and sewn by Shawna include cloth blocks, texture balls, burp cloths and blankets. They are made to be played with by babies, toddlers and children of all ages. The items are all soft and durable, making it a great gift for babies that can last for years.  Here is what we learned about Baby Smith:

Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?

I am a Mom of two red headed girls, 17 months and 4 1/2 years, a wife of 6 1/2 years and an architect by trade. I started my Etsy shop a little over a year ago when I was laid off from my architecture job and needed extra income. I specialize in cute gifts for babies and children. Which translates to blankets, burp cloths, blocks balls, soft books and more.



Is there anything unique about your product?

I love custom orders and to personalize, whether that means looking for custom fabrics for a customers tastes or just embroidering names on items.

What is your favorite item in your shop?

I love making this custom letter quiet book. It is always different. I like collaborating with the customer to make it unique for the child receiving it.


What is your best seller?

My friendly monster fabric seems to be my most popular fabric and my 12"x12" blanket my most popular item, in any of the fabrics, and embroidered.


What inspires you?

My girls, I am constantly making them things and coming up with things for them, some of which make it to my shop.







No comments: