Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Baby Cakes, Sweet Treats, and More

Priscila, owner and creator of Mod Diaper Cakes, shared a little with us about the baby and shower gifts that she has been crafting since 2009.  Here is what we learned about Priscila and her shop:

Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?

I'm a Brazilian girl living in the States for almost 8 years, married to a wonderful husband and mother to a sweet 2 year old named Colleen.

I started making diaper cakes and baby shower gifts in 2009 after my daughter was born, so I could stay at home. A friend of mine told me about Etsy and I decided to give it a try. In the beginning it was hard, but I was determined.

Is there anything unique about your product?
I offer personalized diaper cakes and the customer chooses the colors and the wooden letters for the cake.


Which part of the creation process do you like to do the most?

Definitely going to the store to purchase supplies for a custom order.

What is your favorite item in your shop?

That's a hard question, because I love everything in my shop!

What is your best seller?

Probably the diaper cupcakes.


What was your goal for 2010? And are you on the right track?

My goal was to reach 200 sales by December. I think I'm on the right track and I just need to think outside the box, so I can take my shop to the next level.


What is your favorite tool that you cannot live without?

Paper Punch. I remember when I had to cut 100 tags one by one.





Anything else you would like to share?
Believe in your dreams and never give up.


Mod Diaper Cakes

















No comments: